Thursday, July 8, 2010

Super 8 on the Eighth: Test

Super8 Test from Chelsea Wayant on Vimeo.


This is the first time that I have used my Super 8 video transfer system. Knowing this first project would be more of a test I shot old barns and fields in and around Guilford County, NC. There is no story, but instead images that I felt would benefit the Super 8 format. The reel is presented as shot with no editing. I also included the projector sound and some leader and tail to give the feeling of watching footage projected on the wall.

The main issue with the transfer system is that it is overexposing the footage. As is always the case the reel looks better projected than digitized, but I'm hoping to get more detail in the bright areas in my next attempt.  Even with the less than ideal transfer I believe this test still captures some the warmth and inviting nature of Super 8 film.

No comments: