Friday, June 14, 2013

Cinco De Mayo Cake

I know I am really behind on posting pictures of the cakes I made last month, but I still want to share them. For this particular cake I don't have the greatest pictures of the final cake, but I love the pictures I have of me while baking.

I used this recipe with just a little more cinnamon to bring out the Mexican Chocolate-ness of it. The filling didn't work for me at all and I had to re-do it using this ganache recipe from Smitten Kitchen. It worked perfectly and even added a little cinnamon and substituted honey for corn syrup. I am not big on whipped cream frosting and was worried about it holding together a triple layer cake so I used my go to buttercream recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, but adapted it by using Amaretto in there. It was fabulous.

No comments: