Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Day of Infamy and Cold

Christmas Ornament 2010

It snowed this weekend! 2.5 inches. Of course, it was as beautiful as can be and I didn't get any pictures. I really need a small camera that I can keep in my purse to use as needed. I have a digital one that I recently found in an old purse, but I don't want to mix digital/film too much. It snowed on Saturday and on Sunday most of the picturesque sights melted quickly. You wouldn't know it though from the weather today since we have not gotten above freezing. My daughter has a slight cold and I don't want to take her out in the freezing weather. We've spent all day inside and looks as though tomorrow is more of the same. I need to think of cold weather activities for us. I got out crayons today and some things were unnecessarily "decorated," such as an upholstered chair and the floor.

I was also taken aback by the passing of Elizabeth Edwards. Since it was only yesterday that it was announced that her cancer was no longer treatable. It is amazing to consider all of the heartache she had gone through in her life and, yet, she always seemed to be upbeat and grateful. A couple years ago I worked with a cancer survivor and John and Elizabeth Edwards came to our campus. My colleague was able to share a small moment with her when they shook hands and it was impressive how through the few words that they shared Elizabeth Edwards inspired such hope in and created a personal connection with my colleague. It is rare that a person can do that and we are lucky to have had her be a part of our country and our great state. May she rest in peace.

No comments: