Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Editing Insanity

 Yesterday I had a film festival postmark by deadline to make. On Monday I made some tightening edits to the film and started the three to four hour process of making the DVD. I woke up early yesterday morning to burn the DVD and then take my daughter to the museum since we had spent the previous day inside while I worked. Of course that wasn't to be the case because as I previewed the DVD I found that shots had been inserted into places where they didn't belong. It took me all day to discover how to fix the problem and then burn the DVD. It was an incredibly stressful day. The DVDs did not make it to the post office until about 9:00 pm; thank goodness for those new automated machines.

Even when I have work to do I have to rotate time with my daughter and editing. For lunch we decided to make black bean burgers and because she loves to cook it was a extra good idea. It is really easy to make all you need is a can of seasoned black beans, one egg, and bread crumbs. Then you puree the black beans, mix the egg into the puree, and then add the bread crumbs a little at a time until it reaches a thick consistency and keeps shape. Then form patties and put them on the skillet (medium heat with a little olive oil). It was a nice distraction from the stress of the day.

No comments: