Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chief

Today as I was driving my daughter to the arboretum for a walk the trees we drove under looked extraordinary. If only I had my Flip camera (and I wasn't driving) then I could have made a nice little autumn-esque video for Flip'n Friday. Unfortunately, I only had my still camera, but I'm planning on giving it a try this weekend when I can enlist my husband to drive.

Tonight as I was absentmindedly looking at videos on youtube, I decided to check out an old fave. Years ago I kept coming across Patty Griffin's video for Chief and, thus, began my love affair with her music. She has an amazing ability to create characters and stories in a manner of minutes. And the music is wonderful as well. A number of years ago I saw her at Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC, she was too "big" to be playing the venue, but apparently she insisted to her manager that he make it happen. At one point she forgot the lyrics to Rain and the entire crowd sang louder until she could catch up with us. It was one the best concert moments I have ever experienced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I've only recently started listening to patty griffin and I can't believe what I've been missing out on. She's amazing! I think my favorite of her songs is long ride home. Ahh it makes my heart heavy just thinking of it.

Beautiful photo by the way : )