Friday, October 29, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood

I have been so busy making my daughter her Halloween costume. I think, perhaps, I have gone a little overboard because she isn't old enough to go trick or treating or eat candy. Of course if I didn't have to rip out everything I do two or three times it wouldn't have taken me so long either. On Wednesday night I think I spent a good hour and a half completely ripping out the bodice of her red riding hood dress.

The one thing about making her costumes by hand is an a true feeling of satisfaction when I am through. The last thing I have to do is sew in the zipper it's pinned and ready to go, but I think I will be a little disappointment when it is all done. It has been so rewarding to figure out the pattern, though I don't think I followed it very well. I just made it work. Kind of the same way that Robert Altman uses a script when he makes movie; very loosely, if at all. I used red corduroy to make the hood and it looks so structured and professional.

I have to rolls of film to scan into the computer so hopefully will have new pictures soon. Happy Halloween to everyone! Don't eat too much chocolate...

No comments: