Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Bog Garden

Amazingly this garden is in the middle of the city. There is a shopping center right next it, but you would never know. This weekend family was visiting from Atlanta and we took them here for a walk. It's such a beautiful place that it is always a hit. When my father was a little boy he used to catch frogs with his buddies at this lake and he delivered newspapers to the houses near it.

While we were visiting there was a wedding going on. We never found the site of the ceremony, but saw all of the guests and even a bridesmaid walking the paths. There were also rose petals scattered all around and floating in the stream. It was a wonderful time to visit the bog garden. The next day my husband, daughter and I went to the bicentennial gardens right next to the bog garden where they were having a Parisian Promenade. I'll have pictures once I get them to the lab. I love when big cities have places like this to relax.

No comments: