Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cooking Dinner

Now that I am home more often I am trying to cook and bake more. My husband made dinner more often than not while I was teaching and now I'm giving it a go. Mind you I won't be doing all the cooking just significantly more than normal. The issue is not my cooking abilities: I know my way around the kitchen fairly well and can follow a recipe. The issue is my motivation. The first week that I was officially adjusted to being at home, and not still helping students with their post-graduation needs, I planned a full week of meals and cooked often. It was nice. I felt accomplished. This week, I didn't do so hot. My main problem is that I really don't like going to the grocery store. I'd prefer if my kitchen was just always stocked. As I am sure most do.

Anyway, one of our favorite recipes is from Honest Fare: Green Tomato and Corn Tacodillas. They are scrumptious.  The main change that I made to the recipe (though I am sure it is excellent as written) is using roasted tomatillos instead of green tomatoes. All you do is cut the tomatillos in half and place them under the burner until they look like the above picture. I love tomatillos, thus, the substitution. We had them again today, along with some mojitos...

No comments: