Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Here's To New Beginnings

Recently I have begun a new chapter in my life. Until May 10th I worked as a professor of film and video production at a local college. Due to shifts in the department I worked in I felt that my contributions where not as relevant as they once where and I was feeling very stagnant in the department. It was hard to leave because I love my students and will miss them dearly. While I love teaching and still believe it may be my calling I need time to focus on myself.

I plan on spending this next year focusing on my filmmaking and my newly one year-old daughter. For the past few years I have wanted to make a feature length documentary about ballerinas and would like to spend the next year focusing on making it happen. My daughter is starting to walk and is in the beginning stages of developing her own language while she learns English as well. It is an exciting time for her and I am thrilled to have the time to learn with her. 

It is somewhat scary to not have a job per-say. I have been working for a paycheck since I was 16 years-old. I never thought I would have to be financially supported by my husband. So here I go. I welcome you to my life as a FAHM (that's Filmmaker At Home Mom).

2 comments:

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

How interesting, I love a girl with guts, and a gusto for life.
I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Chelsea said...

Thanks for the well wishes!