Sunday, August 22, 2010

German Chocolate Cake

 For my husband's birthday he wanted a German Chocolate Cake. Now this is a special request because he usually wants a Carrot Cake. So this threw my for a loop and at first I wasn't thrilled about this cake, but it now is one of my favorites. I used this recipe. If you choose to make it, be aware that it took me 6-7 hours to make it. The were many special directions such as separating the eggs, adding each yolk one at a time, and then beating the egg whites into peaks before adding it to the batter (though I think it is fun to beat egg whites, small pleasures). It would be in your best interest to make the cake the day before you put it all together. Hands down the most amazing part is the filling, which you can see on the top of the cake as well. Excellent.

No comments: