Monday, August 2, 2010

Playing Catch-up

We got back from Wilmington a little later than we expected yesterday and were utterly exhausted. I was fast asleep by 9:30 and that hasn't happened in a long time. I have three rolls of films to take to the lab today and should have some pictures up from our trip tomorrow. I hope you enjoy some of these lingering flower photos from the arboretum.

It's nice to visit Wilmington and it makes me miss living close to the beach. Even though we did not visit the beach as often as we should have when we lived there (barely a 15 min car ride); it's really the smell and the texture of the air that I miss. I don't think we can move back there because there is not a lot of work in the city, plus they are letting urban sprawl get out of control, but that was happening when we lived there. Nothing has really changed that much in the three years that we have been gone. Some restaurants have come and gone, Mayfaire Shopping Center has grown, UNCW's campus has grown extensively, but that is about it.

No comments: