Friday, December 21, 2012

Cookies


 A couple of weekends ago we had a cookie exchange. I made two of my favorite cookies. The first is from this blog (here is the recipe and here are some pictures I took of them a couple years ago). They are spicy and probably the most popular cookie I have ever made. Whenever I bring them anywhere people love them. Plus, they are vegan. The second cookie is from Smitten Kitchen and is a homemade oreo cookie. It truly tastes like the original only better. For half of these I added peppermint extract and red crystal sugar to make it crunchy and to differentiate from the others. I also made some shortbread cookies for my daughter to decorate. It always helps to have something for her to do while I am cooking.

We didn't have a huge turnout for the exchange, but we ended up with more than enough cookies to last us. I used the felt rose center pieces on the table and I was very happy with how they turned out. Overall, it was a fun time.


No comments: