Thursday, September 30, 2010

Photo From the Past: Pink Roses

Starting late last night we experienced an intense thunderstorm with plenty rain and wind. It was akin to the hurricanes/tropical storms that I lived through in Wilmington. Last night I woke up around 3 or 4 for some reason and looked out the window. The sky was red and the wind was whipping through the trees and pushing the rain sideways. Always a sight.

Today my daughter and I took a walk in the gardens to survey the remnants of the storm. The bog garden was full of big puddles; some much, much bigger than normal puddles. My daughter wore her new rainboats (we bought them yesterday) and she had fun splashing. After splashing in the puddles she would sit in them. Luckily, I had dry pants in the car.

I have gotten a new battery for my camera and lot's of film and should have new pictures soon (hopefully of rain and ducks). Enjoy the weather where ever you may be.

No comments: